The Dos and Don'ts of Cleaning Lacrosse Gear
Hello there, I'm Matguard USA! As a company that specializes in disinfectant and cleaning products for sports equipment, we've seen our fair share of dirty lacrosse gear. In this blog post, we're going to go over the dos and don'ts of cleaning lacrosse gear, including how to clean lacrosse gloves, disinfecting lacrosse gear, and more. So, let's get started!
- Clean your lacrosse gear after each game or practice. This will help prevent bacteria from growing and keep your gear smelling fresh.
- Use a disinfectant spray or wipe to kill any bacteria on your gear. Matguard USA offers a variety of disinfectant sprays and wipes that are safe to use on all types of lacrosse gear.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning your gear. Different types of gear may require different cleaning methods, so it's important to read the labels.
- Use a gentle detergent when washing your gear. Harsh detergents can damage the fabric and materials of your gear.
- Hang your gear to dry after cleaning. Avoid putting your gear in the dryer, as this can cause shrinkage or damage to the materials.
- Don't use bleach or other harsh chemicals to clean your gear. These can damage the materials and shorten the lifespan of your gear.
- Don't leave your gear in a wet or damp place. This can cause mold and mildew to grow, which can be harmful to your health.
- Don't use hot water to clean your gear. Hot water can cause shrinkage and damage to the materials.
- Don't share your gear with other players. This can spread bacteria and infections.
- Don't ignore any stains or odors on your gear. These can be a sign of bacteria growth and should be cleaned as soon as possible.
How to Clean Lacrosse Gloves: Lacrosse gloves can be one of the hardest pieces of gear to clean. Here are some tips for cleaning your lacrosse gloves:
- Remove any excess dirt or debris from the gloves. Wipe them down with our disinfectant wipes.
- Mix a small amount of our cleaning solution with warm water.
- Dip a soft cloth or sponge in the solution and wring out any excess water.
- Gently scrub the gloves with a cloth or sponge, being careful not to damage the material.
- Rinse the gloves with cold water and hang to dry.
Disinfecting your lacrosse gear is important to prevent the spread of bacteria and infections. Here are some tips for disinfecting your gear:
- Use a disinfectant spray or wipe that is safe for use on sports equipment.
- Spray or wipe down all of your gear, including your helmet, gloves, pads, and stick.
- Let the disinfectant sit on your gear for the recommended amount of time.
- Rinse your gear with water and hang to dry.
Cleaning and disinfecting your lacrosse gear is important for both hygiene and performance. By following the dos and don'ts we've outlined in this blog post, you can ensure that your gear stays in top condition and lasts longer. Remember to use gentle detergents, avoid harsh chemicals, and disinfect your gear regularly with safe products like Matguard USA's disinfectant sprays and wipes. Happy cleaning!