Mold spores are dangerous too, which may be on your surfaces and skin

Mold spores are dangerous too, which may be on your surfaces and skin

Ask yourself, are surfaces in your office building or school COVID and Mold free? Studies in healthcare facilities have shown that more than 30% of the surfaces are not thoroughly cleaned, disinfected, and inspected for potential mold. So why would offices and schools be any different? Reducing mold spores and other pathogen contamination is going to be a major concern this fall for schools and businesses. Vacant space and low occupancies are often the cause for human failures in cleaning and inspections. 

Mold is developed on surfaces by mold spores coming into contact with damp environments which is often caused by improper ventilation and water leaks. Exposure to damp and moldy environments may cause a variety of health effects if you are sensitive to molds. For these people with mold allergies can cause minor irritations to major infections in their lungs when they are exposed to mold. Mold thrives in moist environments!

Addressing High Risk Areas in Schools/Offices/Buildings and Seasonal Homes:

The most prevalent areas for toxic Mold and Mildew to develop include:

  • Locker Rooms, basements, bathrooms, and kitchens
  • HVAC Units and Spacing between ceiling tiles and roofs.
  • Sporting Good Items left in storage accumulate mold and mildew, especially in damp, dark conditions.

For those who do encounter mold, in many instances - especially if the problem is significant, it’s often best to allow a qualified professional to assess the extent of damage and make the necessary recommendations for cleanup procedures.

But what can you do before you encounter mold…Potential mold hotspots must be hand sprayed or wiped on a regular basis during normal cleaning operations?

MATGUARD® makes antiseptic body wipesspraysliquid and foams  that helps eliminates pathogens on surfaces, the risk of cross-contamination of germ and reduces mold spore spreading through human hand contact.  Did you know 80% of pathogen transmissions in a building occur by hand contact? Skin is not immune to mold growth. Many people aren’t aware that mold on skin is even possible and that any growth of mold on skin can be dangerous. 

Don't Touch Mold. Some varieties of mold are serious and infectious. These can cause skin rashes, irritation, and fungal infections on open wounds. One should never touch mold with bare hands or get it on your skin. 

Whenever you clean a potential mold area, protective gloves should be worn, and a highly concentrated disinfectant is recommended like MATPRO Cleaning Solutions to reduce the transmission of mold spores within the facility.

MATGUARD ® IS SKIN FRIENDLY.  MADE IN THE USA AND IN STOCK NOW!