Avoiding Athletes Foot & Keeping Your Shoes Clean
As Matguard USA, we understand the importance of keeping our feet and shoes clean, especially when it comes to sports. That's why we want to share some tips on how to properly clean your shoes, cleats, and sports sneakers to avoid infections. Continue reading to learn how our disinfectant sprays can be used on your shoes.
How to Clean Shoes & Cleats
Immediately after entering the house, spray and wipe down shoes with a disinfectant spray. Using our XL Wipes, wipe the outside surfaces and soles thoroughly from top to bottom. The soles carry the majority of germs, so pay special attention to them. Spray the inside thoroughly to remove odors. Before putting shoes back on, let them air dry.
As a result of sweat and debris collected during sports, workouts, and walking, athletic shoes can be particularly germy. Infections and strong odors result from germs proliferating. Use the Matguard non-bleach disinfectant to disinfect athletic shoes and other fabric items, then wash them in a hot washer. If your washing machine has a sanitizing setting, use it. Dry shoes in a well-ventilated area before wearing them again.
Here are some key takeaways to keep in mind:
- To start, it's important to make cleaning your shoes a regular part of your routine. Whether you're a professional athlete or a weekend warrior, keeping your shoes clean will help prevent the buildup of bacteria and fungus.
Remove dirt and debris
- Before cleaning your shoes, make sure to remove any dirt and debris. This can be done by using a soft brush or damp cloth to wipe down the exterior of your shoes.
- Next, it's crucial to disinfect your shoes. This can be done by using a disinfectant spray or wipes specifically designed for shoes. Keep in mind that not all disinfectants are suitable for all materials. Be sure to check the label before using.
- After cleaning and disinfecting your shoes, be sure to dry them thoroughly before wearing again. This can be done by stuffing them with newspaper or using a fan to circulate air through the shoes.
Store shoes properly
- Lastly, it's important to store your shoes properly. Keep them in a well-ventilated area, away from damp or humid conditions.
By following these tips, you can help prevent the growth of bacteria and fungus in your shoes, and ultimately, avoid infections. At Matguard USA, we understand the importance of cleanliness in sports, and we're here to help you keep your feet and shoes in top condition.